Dangerous sports: Ten most dangerous sports
Dangerous sports; which are? Find out which sports to avoid right from the start and why they can cause irreparable damage to your health. Everyone finds something to do to their liking. Some people enjoy fiddling with cars or bikes in the garage for days, others spend a lot of time playing video games, and some cannot see life without playing sports. Some sports involve serious health and even life-threatening situations. Meet the most dangerous sports – TOP -10.
The most dangerous sports – TOP -10
10th place – rafting
Overview of the most dangerous sports – TOP -10, we will start with the last Meta, where rafting is located. Not all visitors to our site are familiar with this sport. There is rafting (small rafts) on the mountain river. The most dangerous here are the rapids, which are usually divided into five categories according to the level of difficulty. If you want to go rafting. It is worth remembering the potential dangers to health and sometimes life.
Here are some of the most common dangerous situations in this sport:
- Injuries – when the raft hits a rock at high speed or does not reach the threshold well, you can get a serious bruise, fracture, or even loss of consciousness.
- Sífan – this word is understood as an obstacle when the stream goes completely under the rock. If a person falls into a herringbone where he was trapped, the chances of rescue will be minimal.
- Tackle hook – the greatest danger is a hook on fast flow. When trying to stand up, the athlete is covered in water and there is a high risk of drowning.
Being hit by a raft – these are fairly common conditions on rafting and it is important not to start worrying.
9th place – surfing
Many people know about surfing and on TV it seems very exciting. Professional surfers travel the globe in search of the greatest waves. Of course, this sport causes the body to throw out large doses of adrenaline. Maybe you think there is nothing dangerous about surfing and you are wrong.
Let’s look at the most dangerous situations that are not uncommon in this sport:
- Dangerous head and limb injuries – as surfing is associated with the victory of high waves, it is considered and not without reason. One of the most dangerous sports. If the athlete could not stay on the table, a strong wave could hit him at the bottom.
- Shark – professionals rarely pay attention to their safety and can end up in places where these bloodthirsty predators hunt.
- Adrenaline addiction – all sports related to the release of adrenaline can be considered dangerous. One quickly becomes accustomed to the feeling caused by high doses of this hormonal substance and can then no longer stop.
8th place – football
This may seem strange because almost all the boys in different countries on the planet play football. However, it is a contact sport and professional football players are often injured. Researchers conducted a study and found that soccer players sustain an average of 200 injuries of varying severity in one season. Even minor injuries, such as bruises and cuts, were taken into account.
It should also be recalled about other dangerous factors that await footballers on the field:
- Death – it is not uncommon for the body to withstand the stress and an athlete dies during training or even during a match. This primarily concerns the cardiovascular system.
- Heavy object injuries – football fans are known for their aggressive behavior and athletes can suffer from objects thrown by fans.
- Head injuries – in the air battle for the ball, two footballers often collide on the head, which leads to concussions of varying severity.
7th place – ice hockey
Another very popular sport in our country, but the high injury rate is quite well known. In addition, hockey in this respect is significantly superior to football. Hockey players’ teeth often suffer. The throwing bag flies at high speed and even splash protection cannot always prevent injuries. All hockey fans are waiting for fights between hockey players as they consider them one of the aspects of the game. However, this can lead to various cuts or concussions. It goes without saying how serious the injury can be after hitting a player with a wedge. In hockey, it is not uncommon for an athlete to leave the skating rink on his own.
6th place – rock climbing
This is a rather spectacular sport but at the same time very dangerous. Surely you understand the dangers that mountaineers face. If you start listing them all then a lot of time will go into it. Most athletes do not even pay attention to small things like abrasions and bruises. But do not forget the fact that there is always a risk of falling. Another dangerous factor is the lack of prompt assistance.
5th place – rodeo
This sport is very popular only in some countries on the planet. This fact, however, does not reduce the danger of rodeo to humans. According to statistics, about 80 thousand injuries, including deaths, are recorded in this sport throughout the year. Imagine what the statistics would be if, say, rodeos were as popular as football! Just to sit on the back of a bull you need to have a lot of courage.
4th place – diving
This is a very popular sport, which gives the opportunity to consider the beauty of the underwater world and even with good luck to communicate with “locals”. Unfortunately, these encounters can sometimes be fatal.
Among the main dangerous factors, we note:
- Predators of the sea – the underwater world is indescribably beautiful and at the same time equally dangerous. Many predators lurk in the depths of the sea and the issue is not limited to sharks only. Some marine life can inject a poison that paralyzes humans.
- Equipment problems – one of the most dangerous troubles that can lie in wait for divers in the deep. If help does not come in time, death cannot be avoided.
- Barotrauma – the surface is a rather complicated process. At this time you cannot hold your breath and fill your lungs with plenty of air. Otherwise, lung tissue can rupture and damage blood vessels. Depressions pose a serious danger to the body. So smoothly we came to our three most dangerous sports TOP-10.
3rd place – cave diving
If you still think that scuba diving is a pretty safe sport, then the situation with cave diving is completely different. Athletes not only dive into the water but travel through caves, where many dangers can be hidden.
Here are some of them:
- There are a lot of predators in the caves and they will not receive intruders.
- Hardware failure can be fatal.
- If a diver is trapped or lost, the risk of death increases significantly.
2nd place – heliski
Not everyone heard this word, let alone knows this sport. Of course, only brave people can demonstrate excellent skiing skills. First, the athletes get in a helicopter, which takes them to the summit. Note that none of the athletes know the surface on which they need to move.
Therefore, it is impossible to predict. What a surprise awaits them under the snow. Do not forget about the possibility of avalanches, which are almost impossible to escape in the mountains. It is entirely possible that athletes will have to face completely impassable terrain and have to look for ways to survive.
1st place – basic jump
Meet the leaders of the TOP 10 most dangerous sports – base jumping. This word should be understood as jumping from things on the ground. It can be a mountain, a bridge, a skyscraper, etc. One of the main dangers is the opening time of the parachute. If this is done late, the athlete will die. In addition, there is a high risk of entanglement in the slings, and in this case, the result is death. It should also be remembered that the athlete after the jump is forced to stay close to the object. You probably already understood that there is a high probability of a collision, but it is not difficult to predict the outcome.
Other dangerous sports
We have completed our TOP 10 most dangerous sports. However, their list can be continued for a long time. We will limit ourselves to a few.
This sport is popular in some countries, for example, New Zealand, Australia, and England. Compared to football. Rugby involves more frequent contact between athletes. In such a situation, the risk of bone fractures increases significantly. We won’t even remember the scrapes and bruises.
For some, this comes as a surprise, as golf is associated with the popularity of aristocratic entertainment. What could be more dangerous than walking around the field and hitting the ball? It turns out that there are dangerous aspects to golf and injuries are common in this sport. According to official statistics, about 900 people die on golf courses every year.
This sport is especially popular in the United States. Outside is a mix of dance, aerobics, and acrobatics. Cheerleading is spectacular but no less dangerous. When performing complex acrobatics, there is a high risk of fracture or concussion.
It is popular all over the world and the motorsport competition attracts a large number of spectators. Athletes are often injured, but fortunately, fatalities are rare.
Another sportsman is considered a nobleman. At the same time, it is quite dangerous, because the fall from the horse will turn into a minimum break. In addition, athletes must find a common language with the animal so that it does not show aggression.
Not everyone is familiar with this sport, which is downhill on a special skateboard while lying down. It is very reminiscent of a slide. It was born in the 1970s and due to frequent injuries, it was even considered illegal for a while. Now athletes use special protective equipment. Which reduced the number of losses slightly. However, it is still one of the most dangerous sports.
BMX is a motorcycle for bikes. In addition, special bicycles are produced that have a certain difference from the usual. The main type of BMX competition is racing, but there is also another offshoot, where fans compete for the variety of tricks they perform. Cyclists perform a complex of acrobatic tracks and many of them are made for themselves and there is a high probability of getting a fracture or concussion.