Hippie therapy for children and adults
Hippie therapy definition of hippie treatment is an important assistant of the rehabilitation process after many ailments. Its essence and level of implementation, the main methods and types of exercises used in this today. Hippie therapy is a type of treatment that is performed with the help of horses. For the first time, Hippocrates spoke of the usefulness of riding. And as early as the end of the 18th century, the infamous philosopher Denis Diderot described in his copies the results of similar experiments on various patients. This treatment is based on the complex effects of exercise on the entire human body.
Tips for hippie therapy treatment
Hippie therapy sessions are a unique method in modern medicine, which involves the patient’s indirect work, which reduces the strain on his body. This feature makes treatment accessible in the early stages of recovery and speeds up the process as a whole. In addition, the availability and simplicity of the widespread treatment among all age groups of the nation explain without reducing the results and final outcome.
Why do you need hippie treatment for children?
Every year, more and more children in different age groups come to rehabilitation centers that need effective treatment. The search for better help methods led to hippie treatment. Horse lessons can benefit and improve the well-being of children with various organic pathologies and psychological-emotional disorders.
Highlights of hippie therapy for children:
- Cerebral palsy … A major problem that afflicts many parents who want to help their children become full-fledged community members. Exercise with horses not only helps to improve the patient’s physical condition but also corrects his emotional background. Therefore, hippie treatment is popular among doctors who treat this pathology.
- Polio … A similar disease, despite the existence of vaccinations and all kinds of preventive measures, is still present among other problems. The disorders that occur in this case are also difficult to correct, the patient requires long and thorough rehabilitation in the future. Poor paralysis makes the child addicted, complicates his life, and creates barriers to treatment. It is this type of treatment that is indicated because it is possible to perform exercises without the effort of the child himself but only with an indirect effect on his musculoskeletal system.
- Bending of the spine … A problem that often afflicts many children. The wrong posture at the onset of kyphosis or lordships is not a pleasant phenomenon. Medical horseback riding can not only correct existing fractures but also prevent their development in general. Moving and maintaining balance on the horse gives the spine a normal position and also strengthens the muscular system of the chest and back.
- Traumatic injuries … Due to this, there are a large number of pathological conditions that require correction. They are most often related to the bones, muscles, and nervous system that need to be restored. It is with the help of hippie treatment that you can achieve clear results in a short time.
- Postoperative rehabilitation … During this time it is very difficult to start active activities due to the patient’s physical weakness. But in this case, this load can be transferred to the horse. It performs many movements and activates the baby’s joints instead, thereby stimulating the receptor areas. The results of such exercises sometimes exceed all expectations and hopes.
- Socially disadvantaged teenagers … This is a group of the nation with whom it is very difficult to get in touch and even more to change their worldview and outlook on life. Current character and mental disorders often cause hippie treatment to be prescribed as treatment. Horseback riding, as well as horsemanship itself, has a positive effect on the emotional state of such children.
How can hippie therapy help adults?
It is sometimes much more difficult to put a mature person on his feet than a child because he is prone to depression and the spirit of struggle for his own recovery is often too small. It is very difficult to influence the psychology of such a patient and in search of reliable remedies, they resort to the help of horses. It is known that it is their majesty, and serenity that can motivate you and guide you on the true path.
Consider when it is advisable to practice hippie therapy for adults:
- Consequences of Acute Stroke … Depending on the location of this focus, one can experience a variety of diseases. These include paralysis of the upper and lower extremities, visual or visual impairment, impaired cognitive function, and memory. Various combinations of such situations often occur.
- Postoperative recovery … After surgery, the patient needs long-term care. And he does not always need exact peace, sometimes, on the contrary, an early start to the gym. Since it is impossible to charge a completely weak body, the almost inactive movements of a horse will come in handy in this case.
- Head Injuries … They can leave small external manifestations, but are full of severe disruptions to a person’s behavior and mental functioning. Very often these are neurological consequences or memory problems. And it is a hippie therapy treatment that can bring such patients back to life.
- Damage to the senses … The loss of this or that way of knowing the world makes a person disabled, which creates enormous difficulties in daily life. That is why it is important to do everything in our power to restore them. Working with horses allows you to use your current abilities instead of those lost.
- Mental illness … A group of patients with similar disorders need a very careful approach when choosing a treatment method. It is very difficult to work with them and find a common language. However, many experiments have shown that being with horses helps patients to return to reality. Many hallucinations disappear, and there is a desire to talk, ride a bike, and adapt to what is happening around.
Methods and levels of hippie therapy treatment
These exercises can be performed in a variety of ways. It all depends on the type of pathology that the patient brought. When it comes to movement restrictions, savings programs are used, if the problem is psychological, more active, and livelier. The choice of one or another option is made in a complex way, by several experts at a time, who make up the further training program.
There are four main methods of hippie treatment:
- Exercise of horses as a healing process … Based on the fact that the patient lies directly on the back of the animal. It, in turn, is under the strict guidance of a doctor, and the rider takes small slow steps around the platform. The patient can be on both the back and the stomach at this time. The situation is usually changed and it becomes more diverse with each lesson. This method is suitable for patients with paralysis and problems with limited mobility.
- Horse riding … A more powerful treatment option that can be prescribed even for children from the age of six months. The horse is initially simply driven in a circle to fix the patient and then the physical education teacher joins. It is he who gets people to perform several other exercises at the same time, changing their position. All of this can happen both in motion and at a standstill. It is also possible to use aids in the form of bubbles, banners, and sticks.
- Treatment Dome … In order to treat many bipolar disorder diseases, it is necessary to distract and bring a person to reality. To do this, you need to make him retire and listen to his body. After establishing a relationship, they resort to performing these tasks directly. They are similar to gymnastics but on horseback. It takes the patient’s complete confidence to relax and do tricks on horseback.
- Establishing a psychological connection … This method is most often used for children. There are those who are so shy that they have to fight it through animals. Special instructors spend a whole day with them, teaching them to iron and feed. In this way, one pulls out of what is around and can concentrate on one’s desires and recovery.
To achieve the desired effect from this treatment, it is necessary to perform all its stages correctly. This applies to both reliable indicators and the individual choice of horse for each patient. Even the smallest things are important that can affect the course of the healing process. It is important to take good care of the horse, follow the rules of his personal hygiene, and buy and use combs and shampoos after each cycle.
There are several mandatory modules that must be included in hippie therapy courses:
- Acquaintance … The patient’s first impression of the proposed treatment is very important. It is necessary to introduce him to the place, show him the horse, and pay attention to his kindness and kindness. Then you can offer to stroke and wait for calmer behavior. People’s feedback is often very welcome and such moments allow them to become even more interested in such meetings.
- Fastening … At the beginning of training, this is done mostly indirectly and compulsively. Patients can rarely do these themselves, but they do not resist either. With each subsequent lesson, the role of the teacher should diminish more and more and consist only in correcting the patient’s independent experiments. Give someone a boost, stay somewhere or protect yourself.
- First trial period … It is necessary for the patient to have time to get used to the animal and get interested in it. During the same period, the teacher and hippo therapist monitor and evaluate the possibilities and options for performing the exercises and relying on the individual’s strength. A training plan is being prepared which will implement in the future.
- Basic course … This is the main part of the whole treatment, which is regular training with the implementation of a selected program. Each of them is under the supervision of a doctor and adapts the exercises according to the patient’s condition. They can be more complex, can be modified, or simplified. The patient’s important activities and mental health are also monitored after the lesson.
Basic exercises in hippie therapy
Today there are so many of them that it is simply impossible to apply them to one person. Only the best combinations that are best for the patient are used. Gender, age, constitution, and the complexity of the underlying disease he brought with him are taken into account.
If this is a psychological problem then the emphasis is on bringing people and animals closer together. More time is spent feeding the horse and brushing it. The presence of musculoskeletal disorders requires increased physical activity in hippie therapy and their regular repetition.
Let’s look at the main exercises:
- Action one … The person is sitting across the horse, the back should be straight and the arms should be lowered along the body. He should try to maintain this position while the instructor guides the animal around the platform and changes the speed and length of the step. The main purpose of this exercise is to provide the spine with physiological exercise, without strain on its lower limbs.
- Other procedures … The patient should sit in the starting position but turn his back to the head of the horse. His tasks are the same. The main thing is to keep your posture correct and maintain balance while the breeder forces the horse to walk along the field, speed up and stop from time to time.
- Layer three … The patient sits next to the animal’s head with the upper and lower limbs lowered. The face can be turned both to the right and to the left. It depends on the patient’s pathology and what the hippo therapist thinks is right. Furthermore, the breeder continues to guide the horse along the stage and change the speed and speed of his movements.
- Act four … involves placing the person with the stomach on the back of the animal. Legs and arms should be relaxed and lowered along the horse’s ribs. The head should initially turn towards the anger and then the tail. The patient’s job is to maintain the starting position with the same steps. The exercise aims to train the shoulders and hips.
- The fifth action … You must change your position and lie with your stomach on the horse’s back, bend your arms with an emphasis on your elbows and hug the back with your legs. Then, after making a few laps in this position, the patient now turns with his feet on his head, but in the same initial position. The horse breeder then repeats a few more quiet steps and stops.
- Track six … Its essence lies in inclination, across the horse. At the same time, the patient’s arms and legs hang freely on both sides. The horse breeder’s task is left and the person in question tries to maintain an approved body position.
Hippie therapy treatment is becoming popular every year. Many diseases today have ceased to be incurable thanks to these exercises. An integrated approach and the participation of qualified professionals can put one back on one’s feet and return to normal life.