How to create a slogan that leaves its mark
The best sitcom characters use catchy phrases, the best companies use slogans. We are talking about short but comprehensive sentences, which communicate exactly what we need to know. An effective create a slogan is engaging, difficult to forget, and able to perfectly summarize the essence of a company.
Did we make you want to write one for your business? Read our tips on how to write a catchy slogan or tagline.
What is a slogan?
A slogan, also known to some as a tagline, is a very short line of text that summarizes the spirit of a company like online casino australia.
Because it is important?
A slogan helps customers recognize your business immediately and tells them what they can expect from you. If it stays in their minds, then your company will too.
Many companies choose to place the slogan (or tagline) alongside their logo or brand name to influence their perception by the public. In this way, the association between the company and the promises or emotions evoked through the slogan is encouraged.
Do you want your company to be truly memorable? Combine your new slogan with an unmistakable logo. With Jimdo’s Logo Creator, you can create a professional logo of your own in just a few steps.
How to create a slogan?
You don’t have to go to an advertising agency to find a slogan. The best thing to do is sit at a table and write down as many ideas as possible. You don’t have to start from scratch – to find inspiration, start by answering a few questions about your business and our slogan generator will create a series of slogans to suit your brand.
Does even a small business need a slogan?
Absolutely yes! If you have your own business, an engaging tagline can help you shape the first impression people will have of your brand. If you start using a slogan consistently, customers will begin to associate it with your company name, thus making it more recognizable.
How can I create a winning slogan?
To get started, start writing a long list of possible slogans. Beautiful, ugly, hideous, shocking… it doesn’t matter. Write down everything that comes to mind! Inspiration may be hiding in the most unlikely phrases.
However, keep in mind that, in principle, a slogan must:
- Be brief. 4-6 words are enough.
- Show the personality of the company. Take advantage of the unique aspects of your business.
- Remain impressed. Ask yourself if people will remember your slogan even after a few days.
- Promise something. Build trust by keeping your promise.
- Be positive. Tell people what you offer, not what you can’t guarantee.
- Use words as bait. Rhymes and alliterations can help make the slogan more attractive.
- Show confidence. A good slogan focuses on the ambitions of the company it represents.
Once you have drawn up the list of possible proposals, select the ones you prefer.
What are the characteristics of a bad slogan?
Online you can find tons of articles that talk about the worst slogans ever. You will enjoy reading them! But make sure you don’t make the same mistakes. Usually, the most common ones we see in slogans are:
- Forced rhymes. Rhyming slogans are easy to remember, but the rhyme must hit the mark with the message you want to convey. Forced rhymes are useless, they are simply out of place.
- Promises that cannot be kept. Big promises are synonymous with ambition, but if they are reckless they will only compromise your company’s reputation and annoy your customers.
- Excessive vagueness. The slogans “neither meat nor fish” are flat and convey no inspiration. Choose meaningful words and associate your company with a compelling statement.
- Presence of offences. Many of the slogans nominated for the “worst slogan ever” award contain sexist or racist expressions by today’s standards. Be very careful to avoid them if you don’t want people to hate your company.
Is a controversial slogan a good idea?
The use of controversial expressions has always been a source of debate in the world of marketing. Without a shadow of a doubt, people will talk about your company, but you could also risk dividing public opinion and thus losing a part of your clientele. We, therefore, recommend that you use a controversial slogan only if you are willing to defend it 100%.
How can I test the effectiveness of my slogan before using it?
- Say it out loud
- Enter it on Google to check that it is not already in use or registered by another company
- Ask people who don’t know your company what they think
- Ask people how your slogan might be offensive
- After a few days, ask your friend to repeat your slogan. Do you remember it?
- Ask your customers if the slogan you’ve chosen is right for the company
Take your time to test your slogan. Once you pick one, it’s hard to go back.
Where can I use my slogan?
Use your slogan, or tagline, wherever your customers can see it, for example:
- in the navigation menu of your site
- on your business cards
- on the packaging of your products
- at the bottom of your emails
- on your social media profiles
- in your Activity Profile
What is a corporate slogan? Create a slogan is a short, attractive phrase that expresses the essence of a business. Effective slogans are easy to read and often use puns that allow people to remember them.
How are slogans effective? Effective slogans perfectly combine style and content. Content expresses in a nutshell what customers can expect from your business. The style makes a slogan attractive, for example through the use of rhymes and alliterations. This combination will help customers remember your brand promise.
Why use a slogan? A slogan is short and direct enough to stick to the minds of people who are in a hurry or are distracted. Express who you are and what you have to offer. This way you can be recognized and attract customers.
How do you find the right slogan? Start by describing your brand in writing: What are the values, services, or products that customers can expect? What makes your business unique? Once this is done, eliminate the unnecessary words until leaving only those that describe the essence of your brand. If you think it’s too challenging, you can use our slogan generator to find the right one.
Where can you use your slogan? A slogan can be used anywhere you need to present your company in a few words. You can use it for advertising, and packaging, on your site, and at the bottom of your emails. In other words, you can use it anywhere your potential customers can read it.